ElderSource Launches The Sharing & Caring Closet
ElderSource is preparing to offer a new resource for seniors and caregivers called the “Sharing and Caring Closet.” The Sharing & Caring Closet will be accepting and providing consumable medical supplies to those in need. “We have been receiving a number of requests from seniors and their caregivers for items that are very expensive and often not covered by insurance,” said Linda Levin, CEO of ElderSource. “The Sharing and Caring Closet will officially open to the public in January and be in operation year-round with donations accepted during our regular business hours.” Please send inquires and questions to [email protected].
What: Donations are being accepted to establish a closet of consumable medical supplies. Starting at the end of January, these will be available at no cost to seniors and caregivers.
Donation and Requesting Hours: Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm
· Please come to the front desk to drop off items or make a request.
· See the receptionist at the front desk if you need items or call the Helpline at 1-888-424-4464.
· Requests granted based on current inventory.
· ElderSource is not able to pick up donated items or deliver them.
· The closet will officially open at the end of January!
· Unopened packs of incontinence undergarments (both men and women, all sizes)
· Waterproof pads for beds and furniture
· Ensure nutritional drink (all flavors)
· Disposable, personal hygiene wipes
· Bulk washcloths
Additional suggested items:
· Non-slip bathmats and rugs
· Adhesive tread stickers
· Non-stick band aids
· Moist or dry heating pads
· Memory foam cushions for chairs
· Pads, guards, shields for men and women
· Skin-soothing barrier, moisturizing creams
· Disposable gloves
· Instant heat and ice
· Seasonal items: blankets, throws
Note: Food and clothing items are not being accepted for the closet.
Additional Information: The Sharing & Caring Closet will officially open at the end of January 2024. Stay tuned for more information!Un