ElderSource strives to offer our volunteers a worthwhile and enjoyable experience. Our goal is to increase partnership so we can serve more seniors, caregivers and adults with disabilities.
Eligibility to Volunteer
- Volunteers must be 18 years old or older
- Pass a background screening
- Pass reference checks
- Enjoy working with older adults
- Attend orientation and training if required
- Additional eligibility requirements may exist for the individual volunteer opportunities (see below)
Interested in volunteering?
SHINE/SMP (Serving Health Insurance Needs of Elders/ Senior Medicare Patrol) – providing free unbiased health insurance counseling to seniors and empowering seniors to prevent Medicare fraud.
Caring Connections Telephone Reassurance Program – providing friendly calls to seniors who live alone and/or housebound.
BEC (Benefits Enrollment Center) – assisting seniors in applying for appropriate benefits.
General Administrative Support – assist with tasks which support agency operations such as stuffing information packets, making copies, making calls, etc.
Interested in becoming an Advisory Council Member or an ElderSource Board member?
Send an email to: email@example.com or call (904)391-6631 for more information.